Promoting outstanding talent in the thoroughbred industry
Thoroughbred Events Australia was established in 2009 by Sharon Lenton who has been attending races all over Australia for over 30 years.
The need to showcase up and coming milliners in order to have a different affordable piece to attend the races each week, was the drive behind this business. Our luncheons gave milliners a platform, a voice and a venue to show their exquisite millinery pieces prior to each carnival.
Hosting Fashions on the Field
With so much knowledge about racing fashion, Sharon was regularly asked to judge fashions on the field. This then grew to organising and hosting professionally run Fashions on the Field at many Clubs around Country NSW. Sharon has been able to provide expert judges and sponsors to further promote the racing industry in a highly organised manner. Each Club is analysed and a unique day is planned to ensure the Club feels confident they can leave their event with Thoroughbred Events Australia.
TEA has recently launched an ambassador in all States of Australia and are proud to welcome:
- WA: Bethany Brajkovich / Stacey Reynolds
- QLD: Ambassador for The Thoroughbred Club: Roslyn Buerckner
- SA: Cathrin Marie Gill
- ACT: Sally Martin
- VIC: Allana Burns (Metropolitan) / Eliza Icke (Country)
- VIC: Ambassador for The Thoroughbred Club: Sinead Hughes
- NSW: Kiersten Duke
- NSW: Ambassador for The Thoroughbred Club: Trina Crawford
- Article contributors: Robyn Fowler & Maree Smith
- Special mention goes to Hannah Brooks who continues to wave her magic guidance over us.
The Thoroughbred Club
In early 2016, Sharon’s next mission turned to the thoroughbreds who had no voice after they finished racing. Her next mission was born – The Thoroughbred Club where money raised at TEA events went to TTC to sponsor off the track events.
See more information under “The Thoroughbred Club“.